Trying to compile the 10 funniest movies on Netfilx is a hard job. So hard that I decided to expand the list to 20. Here is the first half of what I believe to be the best comedy movies Netflix has to offer.
20. Tucker and Dale vs. Evil Kicking off the list is the 2010 comedy about college kids mistaking two good ol' boys as serial killers. The films concept of toying with the horror genre is brilliant and the accidental "murders" are hilarious.
19. Big Daddy I might catch a lot of flack for this one, but I like this movie. Adam Sandler plays his usual man-child goofball self, but his character actually develops throughout the movie. A lot of the gags and bits work, and along with The Wedding Singer it's one of Sandler's most accessible films.
18. A Night at the Roxbury Comedy legends Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan play brothers who just want to own an awesome nightclub. Is that too much to ask? This SNL inspired movie is quite funny. It's no Blues Brothers or Wayne's World, but as a goofy slap-stick it's definitely worth a watch.
17. Kung Fury I dare anyone to just watch this movie's trailer and not break out laughing. This comedy short set in 1980's Miami has dinosaur police officers, arcade games that shoot lasers, viking women with gattling guns, and kung-fu Hitler. Sound awesome? It is.
16. Chef This Jon Favreau penned production is about a newly fired chef opening up his own food truck. A lot of fantastic actors are along for the ride including Dustin Hoffman, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson and an always funny John Leguizamo. Plenty of laughs and surprising heart-felt moments in store.
15. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Whoa, totally awesome! This comedy starring a young Keanu Reeves is about two slacker teens who flaked on their history report. No problem though as they have just come across a time travel machine which allows them hang out with historical figures like Billy the Kid and Napoleon. Excellent!
14. Kingpin The Farrelly Brothers strike again with a comedy about a washed up bowler training a new protege to win a tournament in Las Vegas. Like any Farrelly movie this one is packed with gross-out gags, slap-stick, and includes a knock out performance by Bill Murray as bowling legend Big Ern.
13. Beverly Hills Cop This 80s comedy launched Eddie Murphy into super-stardom as renegade cop Axel Foley. This is one of Murphy's best roles; the interaction between him and stuck up Beverly Hills snobs are hilarious. Plus this has one of the greatest movie synth themes ever.
12. Coming to America Another Eddie Murphy classic, this one features the comedian as an African Prince trying to find love in America. Murphy teams up with friend and fellow comedian Arsenio Hall and the chemistry between the two is hilarious. This is a great comedy with some surprisingly good performances.
11. In Bruges What can I say, I'm a sucker for dark comedies, and this is one of the best. Colin Farrell plays a down on his luck hitman trying to stay low in Belgium. It doesn't sound like a comedy, but believe me this movie is packed with hilarious dialog and witty humor. The screenplay was so good that it was even nominated for an Oscar. If you haven't seen this one yet, please do.
Do you have a list of movies that you want to recommend? Now you have a place to do it.
|My quick impressions about The Man from U.N.C.L.E.|
|The Man from U.N.C.L.E.|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/Reviews.|
|0 Comments | Share|
|The Film Mommie Dearest is it True or Based on Truth?|
|Mommie Dearest |
|Submitted by Dumbooo to px/TopRatedMovies.|
|0 Comments | Share|
|Terrible Sequels that are just a Cash Grab: Taken 3|
|Taken 3 |
|Submitted by JackRabbitSlims to px/rants.|
|4 Comments | Share|