Netflix offers a wide range of movies to choose from. The only downside is that most of them aren't that good. If you're scrolling across the streaming device and don't know which movie to pick from don't worry. I'm creating some lists to share what I think the best movies to watch on Netlix are. I will be starting with the action/adventure genre. If you haven't seen any of these movies yet, they come highly recommended.
10. The Warriors This cult hit from the late 70s follows a street gang, the Warriors, after they are wrongfully accused of murder. The Warriors must "bop" their way back to their own turf from the middle of NYC, fighting rival gangs and police in the process. This is a great picture with some cool action scenes and campy but fun dialog. It's a must see.
9. Road House I made the stupid decision of not watching this action gem until a few years ago. For some reason I thought it was a romance movie with Patrick Swayze. Boy was I wrong. Swayze actually plays the ultimate bouncer in a run down bar. There are plenty of bar fights, gun play and cheesy one-liners for this 80s movie to stand out. Oh and did I mention it features legendary blues guitarist Jeff Healey?
8. First Blood Sly Stallone's first Rambo installment isn't just an action classic, but serves as an insight into the hardships Vietnam Vets had to face when returning home. It also features plenty of machine guns, explosions and car chases to satisfy any action junkie. A classic that must be watched at least once.
7. Big Trouble in Little China John Carpenter's fantasy/action film about a trucker sucked into the mystical underworld of china town is a bit out there. But in a good sort of way. This movie is so over the top that it borders on self-parody, but somehow makes it work. If you're looking for over the top action scenes with some Kurt Russel one liners, search no more.
6. The Bourne Identity/Supremecy These are two action/thrillers that don't disappoint. Matt Damon plays an assassin with amnesia being hunted down by his former organization. Great set pieces, fights and surprisingly good acting for an action flick. The only downside is that the third one isn't on Netflix to round out the trilogy.
5. Starship Troopers Director Paul Verhoeven is the master of over the top action and gore. So a movie that focuses on a destructive war between men and giant alien bugs from him comes as no surprise. As with any Verhoeven production this one comes chalk full of brilliant satire as well as some kick-ass action scenes.
4. Batman Begins Batman's origin story, and the first in the Christopher Nolan directed trilogy. This is actually my personal favorite Batman film as it digs deep into the psychology of Bruce Wayne. With great actors, great stunts, and great fights this is a must see for any comic-book or action fan.
3. Kill Bill Vol.1 and 2 Quentin Tarantino's revenge saga follows the character The Bride as she hunts down her form ally Bill. This one has sword fights, gun-play, kung-fu and as always some fun dialog. I'm sure you've seen this one, but like all Tarantino pictures this just gets better upon repeat viewings.
2. The Legend of Drunken Master Jackie Chan uses his unique style of "drunken boxing" to battle thieves trying to steal artifacts out of China. This movie has some of the best choreographed fight scenes I have ever seen. Just when you think the movie has peaked, another draw-dropping stunt or fight is revealed. This is not only one of the best kung-fu movies on Netflix, but of all time.
1.The Terminator Not only one of the best action movies on Netflix, but one of the best of all time. The first film of the franchise stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as a killer cyborg sent from the future to assassinate the mother of a future leader of human resistance. How's that for a plot? Although there have been copy-cats throughout the years, this film is the real deal. This and the second Terminator (which is sadly no longer on Netflix), still hold up to action movie perfection today.
Do you have a list of movies that you want to recommend? Now you have a place to do it.
|(SPOILERS) Let's talk Batman v Superman! (SPOILERS)|
|Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
|Submitted by JackRabbitSlims to px/newReleases.|
|5 Comments | Share|
|The Heart Machine was a superficial but interesting look into modern relationships|
|The Heart Machine|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/Reviews.|
|0 Comments | Share|