Since Star Wars fever seems to be going around, I decided to do a list of the top ten lightsaber duels. Since there's only like ten duels so far in the saga, this is really just a list of the worst to the best. I'm not counting anything from the Clone Wars animated series, as good as it is, but just sticking to the six films. All the opponents in the fights must be using lightsabers as well, so fights like Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett won't be included.
10. Yoda Vs. Count Dooku This fight was pretty much one giant money shot that didn't really pay off. Yoda with a lightsaber might be cool to some, but to me it just looked ridiculous.
9. Obi-Wan vs. General Grievous General Grievous should be a cool character in theory. He has multiple arms, each with the potential to wield a lightsaber. Unfortunately like Darth Maul, he was underdeveloped, and this fight ended up as a bit of a letdown.
8. Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious A pretty cool, but short fight between Windu and the soon to be Emperor. One of the few times we get to see Windu with his lightsaber, and he goes toe to toe with the most powerful Sith in the galaxy.
7. Yoda vs. Darth Sidious A much better fight than Yoda's first outing, we see the most powerful Jedi against the most powerful Sith. A recipe for a great fight. I didn't even mind the ridiculousness of Yoda bouncing around with a lightsaber at this point.
6. Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader The first duel of the series. Even though the choreography leaves something to be desired, the emotional core of old master against old apprentice is strong with the force.
5. Obi-Wan & Anakin vs. Count Dooku (Round 1) The atmosphere of this fight is great, between the dark lighting and great choreography. Underrated among fans.
4. Luke vs. Vader (Round 2) The final duel of the series carries serious emotional weight as father and son fight for the fate of the galaxy.
3. Obi-Wan & Qui Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul A very cool lightsaber battle with a two sided lightsaber, a great villain and killer choreography. Some accuse the fight of being too close to dancing with lightsabers, but it remains a standout in the series.
2. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan This was the fight everyone was waiting for when the prequels were released, and for me it didn't disappoint. Sure the dialog between master and fallen apprentice could have been fleshed out more, and the running time is a bit bloated, but the end product is a fantastic fight sequence none the less.
1. Luke vs. Darth Vader (Round 1) I know, everyone picks this as the best lightsaber duel, but that's because IT IS the best lightsaber duel. The cinematography, dialog and and absence of music all add to it's dark atmosphere. The audience really feels Luke's struggle as he battles Vader and the temptation to the dark side. It is the pinnacle of all lightsaber fights.
Agree, disagree? Leave comments.
Do you have a list of movies that you want to recommend? Now you have a place to do it.
|The Film Mommie Dearest is it True or Based on Truth?|
|Mommie Dearest |
|Submitted by Dumbooo to px/TopRatedMovies.|
|0 Comments | Share|
|Timeless Classic: The Secret of Nimh is a classic story of courage and a world of danger.|
|The Secret of NIMH |
|Submitted by peggyveggy to px/Animated.|
|2 Comments | Share|
|The Lady Killers is a witty complexity of dry humor and hidden symbolism|
|The Ladykillers |
|Submitted by igotafunnyfeeling to px/Netflix.|
|5 Comments | Share|