Season 2 was pretty good. Better that most shows we have on TV these days. But there were many shortcomings compared to the first season, which was a masterpiece in my opinion! (mild spoilers ahead)
Here's what I DID NOT like:
1) Too many fights and not all were done well: There were just too many fights this season and not all of them were done well. Unlike the first season which had some stunningly choreographed fight scenes that left me wanting more, I just wanted most of the fight sequences in Season-2 to be over with so that we could move forward with the story.
2) Melvin Potter did too good a job with the suit: Daredevil (in the suit) was hardly in any danger this time around. I was scared for Matt's life in the first season, I really was! With that all-black origin costume offering little to no protection during the fights. Especially the one-on-one with Nobu. But this time, even if there were a 100 other Ninjas + Nobu, piece of cake for Daredevil!
3) Ninjas with no heartbeat but they breathe?: When Stick (while being tortured), tells Daredevil that "tracking heartbeats was kids' stuff" and that it was "time to go deeper", I thought, "Awesome! what could possibly be deeper than tracking heartbeats?!, their muscles contracting perhaps, or the formation of lactic acid due to the anaerobic nature of the fights". But, NO!, Stick wanted Matt to track their breath! Are you fucking kidding me?! How is that deeper?!, even I could hear someone breathing during close combat. The headshot to the mask by The Punisher making Matt dumb is probably the only explanation for that blunder.
4) Matt was a jerk!: He was a good, likeable guy in the last season. And now, all of a sudden, he transforms into a jerk?! (Thanks to Elektra?)
5) The Lovey-dovey triangly shit: was that really necessary? I mean, Karen Page is a sweet, kind and caring person and it just wasn't fair to her that Matt wanted to crawl back to his psycho-ex, Elektra. They probably will kill off Karen next season, for that emotional punch to the gut, but I really wish and hope they don't end up doing that.
And, Here's what I DID like:
1) Jon Bernthal's portrayal of The Punisher: That was simply the best thing Daredevil had going for it this season. He was brutal, emotionally messed up, and didn't give a shit about what anyone else thought about him or his actions.
2) The Leading Ladies: Deborah Ann Woll, Elodie Yung and Rosario Dawson; 'nuff said! Their performances could only be rivaled by their stunning looks.
3) The Kingpin: Wilson Fisk is back baby! Vincent D'Onofrio was a treat to watch in the first season, he redefined a one-dimensional comic book villain and took it to a whole another level. And this season, he's more badass than ever!
The plotting and scheming of The Hand still hasn't progressed beyond whatever Black Sky is. We knew they were planning something really bad and that it had something to do with the humans/inhumans(?) called the Black Sky, but this season still hasn't addressed what it is they're up to and why a Black Sky is special; other than showing us a 40-storied hole in the ground and the container for storing Black Skys'. So, even after a whole season, The Hand is still at large.
Taking all these factors into account: for me, Season 1 was without a hint of doubt, the best and the grittiest outing for Daredevil yet. And still the best thing that happened to superheros on TV.
Discuss movies and tv shows on Netflix. Please add country flair to inform the user of the show availability.
|Ex Machina was one of the best movies I’ve seen recently|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/theOtherStuff.|
|0 Comments | Share|
|10 Best Interdimensional Sketches from Rick and Morty|
|Rick and Morty|
|Submitted by JackRabbitSlims to px/Tv.|
|10 Comments | Share|
|What Chef lacks in plot, it makes up in beautiful cinematography|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/Reviews.|
|2 Comments | Share|