With 2015 coming to a close, its time to get ready for all the upcoming movies in 2016. With a wide range of titles that include a Coen Brothers movie, a Pixar sequel, and the Man of Steel finally clashing heads with The Dark Knight, this is shaping up to be a fine year for film. Here are what are shaping up to be the 10 most anticipated movies of 2016.
10. Deadpool (February 12) The R-rated superhero movie with Ryan Reynolds has been years in the making but is finally coming to the big screen next year. The trailer has created much buzz about what to expect from a trash talking, ultra-violent X-Men spinoff. This could be just what the superhero sub-genre needs to reignite its creativity.
9. Embrace of the Serpent (February 17) Colombian director Ciro Guerra's epic tale about an Amazonian Shayman and a Scientist who look for a healing plant. The cinematography in the trailer looks gorgeous and along with the dark subject matter, this is a top contender for best foreign film of 2016.
8. Captain America: Civil War (May 6) The third entry in the Captain America franchise has superheroes taking sides on the issue of government regulation. Most Marvel movies follow the same basic pattern, but this film seems like it could be a nice switch-up with former allies fighting each other.
7. The Free State of Jones (May 13) Gary Ross' civil war epic stars Matthew McConaughey as a Southern farmer who bands together a rebellion against the confederacy. The plot certainly sounds intriguing and with a release date in May a trailer should mean a trailer coming any day now.
6. Finding Dory (June 17) Pixar's sequel to the 2003 smash hit Finding Nemo. Pixar always, or generally, creates a wonderfully creative movie with draw-dropping animation that has heart and soul. Finding Dory has one of the same directors and screenwriters from the first film, so with enough luck hopefully lightening in a bottle can be captured again.
5. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 26) The superhero match-up audiences have been anticipating for years. An all star cast with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Jesse Eiesenberg, Jeremy Irons and a slew of others brings this comicbook mashup to life with director Zack Snyder at the helm.
4. Star Wars: Rogue One (December 16) This Star Wars spinoff film centers on the Rebel Alliance squad that captured the plans for the Death Star in the original trilogy. New director on the block Gareth Edwards will be directing with what looks to be a well rounded cast. Check out the leaked teaser trailer above.
3. Hail, Caesar! (February 5) The Coen Brothers dark comedy stars Josh Brolin as a 1950s Hollywood fixer who gets caught up in a kidnapping plot. George Clooney, Scarlett Johansson, Ralph Fiennes, Jonah Hill, and Frances McDormand are just some of the brilliant actors featured in this movie. If it's half as good as the trailer then we should all be in for a treat come February.
2. The Hateful Eight (January 8) Anytime Quentin Tarantino makes a movie it's bound to be on the most anticipated of the year. The influential director's eighth movie is a Western about various bounty hunters and lawmen stuck in a cabin during a harsh winter storm. Kurt Russel, Samuel L. Jackson and Jennifer Jason Leigh lead the cast in what is sure to be an incredible ride.
1. The Revenant (January 8) Directed by last year’s Best Director winner, Alejandro González Iñárritu, this film looks freaking amazing. The movie follows real life frontiersman Hugh Glass on his bloody path of revenge. The cinematography, the performances by Leo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy, and the intense imagery all combine to make an awesome trailer of what is sure to be an awesome movie.
What are the movies you can't wait to see next year? Leave comments.
All and any trailers go here. Not the trailers at the trailer park though.
|Snowpiercer is a solid movie that gets you thinking|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/theOtherStuff.|
|11 Comments | Share|
|What a fun movie! Thank you, Deadpool, for the reference.|
|Ferris Bueller's Day Off|
|Submitted by deadpool to px/comedies.|
|9 Comments | Share|
|Sisters is not as good as I hoped and I am sad about it|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/comedies.|
|6 Comments | Share|
|Jeremy Renner playing legendary boxer Rocky Marciano|
|Undefeated: The Rocky Marciano Story|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/upcoming.|
|0 Comments | Share|