2015 was an awesome year for movies. We got to see Benicio Del Toro as a ruthless hitman in Siciario, Michael Fassbender as the iconic Apple innovator in Jobs, and Rocky step back into the boxing world in Creed. There were some great offerings this year in film, but like every year there were also some not great offerings. In fact, you can call these next 10 films the absolute worst 2015 had to offer. Nobody likes going to the movies and then paying $10 to sit through two hours of crap, but that's exactly what happened if you paid to see these bombs.
I give you the 10 worst flicks of 2015.
10. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 If one ever had to find an example of studios pumping out an uninspired mess of a sequel just for money, Mall Cop 2 is that movie. The jokes are tired, the plot stupid, and movie just plain bad. What's worse is that it made money so you can just count down the days until we get a Mall Cop 3.
9. The Last Witch Hunter How many times are producers going to give us the same tired crap? Hansel and Gretel, Blade, Van Helsing, this is just the same formula used time and again. A weak story and an uninspired Vin Disel put the stake in the heart of this movie.
8. Mortdecai A movie that bombed so hard at the box office that it almost ruined Johnny Depp's star power. This Pink Panther escapade knockoff is a serious mess, with no clear direction of where it's going, or what the hell the characters motivations are. Thank God Depp took the role in Black Mass giving him some sort of credibility back.
7. The Seventh Son Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore are two of the finest actors in Hollywood, which begs the question what were they thinking when they signed on for this disaster. You can this chalk this one up to another special effects driven movie with no plot or sense of character development. What a waste of money.
6. Vacation You knew from the abysmal trailers that this one was going to be flat out bad. I just didn't know how bad. This pales in comparison to it's 1980s comedic counterpart, offering nothing but gross toilet humor and shock value gags. The only part that was worth half a chuckle was Charlie Day's suicidal white water rafting instructor.
5. Taken 3 I need to find the man who wrote the script for this movie and ask him how he wrote such an awful, boring, cliche mess. Seriously, its a feat to make Liam Neeson's revenge frachise so dull. One of the worst sequels this year. This movie is hopefully a nail in the coffin to the Taken movies longevity.
4. Fantastic Four It would have been hard to believe that Fox could make a worse Fantastic Four movie than the previous efforts, but this version is one baaaaaad movie. Slow pacing, poor direction and some bad acting from good actors helped this movie become one of the worst box office disasters of the year.
3. Jupiter Ascending Remember when the Matrix came out and everyone thought the Wachowski siblings would be the next great director team? That was sadly short lived because after V for Vendetta they made a series of stinkers, this probably being the worst of all. Terrible plot and direction also contribute to making this one of the worst box office bombs of 2015.
2. Pan Speaking of bombs, this movie actually had the worst financial return of the year. The problem? It's a Peter Pan origin story that no one was asking to see, involving the Lost Boy to team up with a young Captain Hook. Stupid. Just stupid.
1. Terminator Genisys It's not just because this is a terrible movie that it gets the top spot. This list is riddled with bad movies. No, this turd gets worst of 2015 because it's a sequel that further ruins the legacy of Terminator 1 and 2, two of the greatest action movies ever. A nonsensical story, an aging Arnold Schwarzenegger and paper thin characters make this the biggest disappointment of the year So congratulations Hollywood, we now have more bad Terminator movies than there are good ones.
Which box-office bomb did I seem to skip over? What were some of your least favorite movies of 2015?
Do you have a list of movies that you want to recommend? Now you have a place to do it.
|Deadpool: what an ADULTS ONLY certification means in India.|
|Submitted by deadpool to px/newReleases.|
|6 Comments | Share|
|The Heart Machine was a superficial but interesting look into modern relationships|
|The Heart Machine|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/Reviews.|
|0 Comments | Share|
|Ex Machina was one of the best movies I’ve seen recently|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/theOtherStuff.|
|0 Comments | Share|
|Jeremy Renner playing legendary boxer Rocky Marciano|
|Undefeated: The Rocky Marciano Story|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/upcoming.|
|0 Comments | Share|