As if you weren't reminded enough, there's only three weeks left until Christmas. That means there's only 21 more days to buy gifts, prepare food, and watch the endless amount of Christmas movies that will be broadcast 24/7. I thought it would be helpful to make a list of the best holiday movies out there. The films on this list must be live action, and Christmas must be used as more than a backdrop, which means you won't be seeing Die Hard or Gremlins here, as good as they are.
10. A Christmas Carol So many adaptations of Charles Dicken's classic tale have been churned out, but this one starring George C. Scott as Scrooge is still the best. What real stands this apart are the performances which are great all around. The whole movie is on youtube as well, attached to the above link.
9. White Christmas Probably the corniest movie you're going to see on this list, but nevertheless full of heart and great performances. Entertainers Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye put on a special production to help save their army general's ski resort. Sure its cheesy, but what X-Mas movie is without its fair share of cheese?
8. Scrooged A brilliant modern update on The Christmas Carol, Bill Murray plays a cynical TV executive visited but the ghosts of Christmas. Murray puts in a hilarious performance to a clever satire of Dickens' story.
7. The Santa Clause After Tim Allen accidentally kills Santa Clause, he's whisked off to the North Pole to find that he must deliver toys of Christmas Eve. The movie, contrary to what most critics say, is imaginative and fun. The only thing that really bugs me is that no one ever brings up the fact that Allen killed Santa in the film.
6. Bad Santa Probably the bleakest Christmas movie, but also one of the funniest. Billy Bob Thorton plays an vulgar, depressed, alcoholic mall Santa looking to rob the mall he's working in. It's every bit as funny as it sounds.
5. Miracle on 34th Street A Christmas classic, the 1947 version not that 1994 remake crap. A mall Santa believes himself to be the real deal, so much so that he is willing to prove it in court. This movie sports an inventive story that's fun no matter how many times you watch it.
4. Home Alone A pair of inept burglars pick the wrong house after a 10 year old kid booby-traps it. This movie flipped the Christmas movie sturucture upside down. And its always funny to see Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern hurt themselves in the stupidest of ways.
3. A Christmas Story A found remembrance of one boy's Christmas in the 1940s. The iconic moments from this one are almost endless. The leg lamp, the red ryder action bb gun, "I double dog dare you!" Enough said.
2. Christmas Vacation Hilarious. From start to finish this movie always leaves me in stitches. National Lampoon really hits home and parodies the endless hell that is the big family Christmas. Chevy Chase leads the talented cast, with a stand out performance from Randy Quaid's always clueless Cousin Eddy.
1. It's a Wonderful Life Not only one of the best Christmas movies, but one of the finest crafted films of all time. This Frank Capra classic shows how much difference the life of one man can make in the grand scheme of things. The film is brought to life through the brilliant performance of James Stewart, who plays nice guy every-man George Bailey. A true classic in every sense of the word; the movie's touching ending will leave anyone watching feeling sentimental.
Did you think this list was naughty or nice? What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?
Do you have a list of movies that you want to recommend? Now you have a place to do it.
|10 Best Interdimensional Sketches from Rick and Morty|
|Rick and Morty|
|Submitted by JackRabbitSlims to px/Tv.|
|10 Comments | Share|
|Triangle is intriguing and its open ending leaves you searching for answers|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/Reviews.|
|0 Comments | Share|