Time for another top 10 list. This time the subject matter is comic book movies, a trend that has been growing in popularity in Hollywood for the last 15 years or so. Comic book movies have been around a lot longer that that however. This list incorporates movies from different styles of the genre that are have both been popular and influential.
10. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World As innovative as it is silly, this comic book adaption from director Edgar Wright is highly stylized incorporating elements of not only comic books but video games. A breath of fresh air and a different take on "superhero" films.
9. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army I remember seeing this in theaters when released and being absolutely taken aback with the character designs and effects. Director Guillermo del Toro provides the audience with a captivating story and dazzling special effects while Ron Perlman has a blast playing Hellboy on screen.
8. The Crow Based on the comic book series, this bleak movie follows the resurrected Eric Draven who seeks revenge on the people that murdered him and his fiancee a year before. Ultra-violent and at one time very original, this movie is dark and brooding with the right amount of action and suspense.
7. Sin City Robert Rodriguez lifts this violent and bloody comic series from the page to the screen effortlessly. Out of all the comic book movies I've seen this is one of the most faithfully adapted, thanks to great casting and a solid script interweaving different tales from the series.
6. X-Men 2 My favorite and what I believe to be the best made of the X-Men series. This has great performances from Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, among others. The action scenes are great and the story interesting enough to keep the viewers on their toes.
5. Spiderman 2 Director Sam Rami really hit his mark with this movie before the mess that was the third installment. The second entry in the Spiderman trilogy is a well rounded movie with action, humor and suspense. It also features Dr. Octopus, a great fleshed-out, tragic villain.
4. IronmanIf anyone needs a list of what a good comic book movie should contain, just watch Ironman. it has a great protagonist in Tony Stark, arrogant yet funny and likable, who transforms from a cynical arms dealer to a peace-keeping superhero. Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal combined with a great script, supporting cast, and action scenes make this a comic book must see.
3. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Yes this is an animated film, but don't let that sway your decision from watching this gem. This is honestly one of the best Batman movies I've ever seen, serving as both an origin story for the title character and a plot involving a mysterious vigilante. A definite watch for not just Batman fans but anyone who loves a great movie.
2. Superman One of the first comic book movies to take itself seriously, this film was directed by Richard Donner with a script by The Godfather author, Mario Puzo. The story is epic, with a great cast to bring it to life including Christopher Reeves, Gene Hackman, Margot Kidder and The Godfather himself, Marlon Brando. The movie would be almost perfect if it wasn't for the absurd ending.
1. The Dark Knight A film that transcends the term "comic book movie." Christopher Nolan's crime-thriller about the caped crusader is a game changer. Brilliant cinematography, blistering action sequences, a great soundtrack and knock-out performances with a show-stealing Heath Ledger as the Joker. A film that asks big questions about chaos, order and justice, The Dark Knight is everything a comic book movie should strive to be.
From Aquaman to a superhero's name that starts with the letter z, share superhero related stuff here
|My (not so positive) impressions about "Batman v Superman"|
|Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/newReleases.|
|0 Comments | Share|
|Happy Alien Day! Every Alien Movie Ranked Worst to Best|
|Submitted by JackRabbitSlims to px/lists.|
|2 Comments | Share|
|Civil War, is Superhero Fatigue Finally Settling In?|
|Captain America: Civil War|
|Submitted by JackRabbitSlims to px/superhero.|
|3 Comments | Share|
|Rebecca Thomas might be directing The Little Mermaid|
|The Little Mermaid (2017)|
|Submitted by anabbate to px/upcoming.|
|3 Comments | Share|
|Jessica Jones--Things I loved and hated [Spoilers].|
|Submitted by srabble02 to px/streaming.|
|9 Comments | Share|